wHet Polish Swatches + Review

Hey everyone!
This post took me longer to write than I thought it would...school is kicking me in the butt so hard this semester. T____________T
But I will never stop doing my nails because of school! So I stayed up super late last night (well, technically 4 in the morning) so I could finish editing these photos so I could share this polish and its awesomeness with you all.
I received a few polishes from wHet nails a few weeks ago to play around with and review. I used them to make a really fun dry marble design (which, if you missed, you can check out here..). Once I can clear more space of my laptop's hard drive, (it's kinda full, yeah, super embarrassing and it really sucks..guess how many thousands of photos I have on this baby..) then I'll be able to finish editing my tutorial for that design, which will get posted first on my YouTube channel..(; It's super easy, so I hope it inspires a lot of you to try it for yourself!
Enough about that..on to some swatches..
(click on photos to enlarge)

Kerfuffle
A pastel, sky blue.
Shown with two coats and a top coat.
This polish was my favorite in terms of application. They all applied really nicely, but this one was like spreading hot butter all over my nails, the toast in this metaphor. Bad joke, but yeah I couldn't think of a better way to describe it. Super smooth. Dried without air bubbles or brush strokes. I'm really in love with this one all around!
left; in sun light / right; inside with window light

Machiavellian
A golden brown with a lighter gold shimmer and holographic dust.
Shown with 2 coats and a top coat.
Smooth application and relatively fast dry time.
A little thin, but you still only need two coats for the polish the be opaque. Machiavellian looks really sophisticated in the shade, and really glamorous in the sun. This combination is super fun!

top two photos taken in sunlight 

photo taken inside with window light

Wanderlust
A dark, navy blue with a deep purple shimmer.
Shown with 2 coats and a top coat.
Smooth application and relatively fast dry time.
This polish is really beautiful. The blue is so deep and rich. It almost looks black under certain lighting. I brightened this photo a bit so you can actually see what the color looks like to a normal human's eye.
The purple shimmer can make you drool. (Well, it made me drool, soooo...) 
photo taken in sunlight

Serendipity
Purple shimmer.
Shown with 2 coats and a top coat.
This nail polish is the only one that reacted funny when I put the top coat on. As you can see in this photo, the polish became wrinkly seconds after applying a top coat. It eventually smoothed out, but you can still visibly see the brush strokes. It's too bad..this is a gorgeous shade of purple. I'll probably still keep it around and wear it again, making sure I use a different top coat.
(For all you wondering, I used Salon Perfect's top coat.) This never happened to me before, so I'm really confused as to why it did..

photo taken in direct sunlight

You can see it smoothed out after a few minutes..
photos taken inside by window light

Salacious
Hot pink/red with a golden shimmer.
Shown with two coats and a top coat.
Smooth application and relatively fast dry time.
This polish is so glossy!
both photos taken in direct sunlight

photo taken inside by window light

Quixotic
Plum purple.
Smooth application and relatively fast dry time.
This polish, along with Machiavellian, is very formal and elegant. They are beautiful and flashy colors, yet subtle enough for the work place (in my humble opinion). 
both photos taken in direct sunlight

photo taken inside by window light

These polishes retail for $15 each. You can buy wHet polishes from this website here.

I hope you have a great week, thanks for reading!
<3 Anna

**These nail polishes were sent to me to review. All thoughts and opinions are my own and are not influenced in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment