3-Year Nail-versary

Hey everyone!
I know this a week late, but I still wanted to write about/celebrate my 3-year-nail-versary or however you wanna say it, haha. This Halloween marked my third full year doing nail art as a hobby. 

I still remember my freshman year of college I pulled an all nighter to do my nails, since I couldn't wear my costume to class. I think it was because we were working with tools or something, I don't remember, I just couldn't wear anything that could get snagged. I had no idea what I was doing. I used a toothpick to draw out the little designs, and attempted to clean polish off my cuticles with a q-tip. Which didn't work because the little hairs kept messing up my design and what not. I go to an art school (for photography), so I went to one of my fellow photo majors and asked her to help me take a photo of them.

Here's a photo of my first nail art (ever) from 2011;

Wow did I improve since then or what?! Haha..

Over the next year my nail art skills continued to improve a lot. My nail care on the other hand, not so much. It's a little embarrassing for me to look back on all the nail photos I took from my sophomore year. I hated filing my nails, so they were always different shapes and sizes. What what I thinking??

This photo is super embarrassing to share, but alas, here is my Halloween nail art from 2012;

Oh dear what was I thinking..

My nail care started to improve a lot my junior year. Overall, I was really happy with how my nails were shaped. They were also a lot healthier, since I started using oils and lotion more often. I recently shared my nails from last year in a post here, but I'm going to include them again cause why not.

Here is my Halloween nail art from last year, 2013; 

I was really happy with how these turned out. They glowed in the dark, but my camera at the time couldn't handle it. 

My senior year has been a huge stepping stone for me in terms of pretty much everything. I finally feel content with my nail art, nail care, my blog, photographing my nails, and everything in between. Now, finally, the moment you've all been waiting for..

Here is my Halloween design from this year, 2014;
I really love this design! I had so much fun while doing it, too.

Wow that felt like a lot of writing.
Well, that's it! My wrap-up of the past 4 Halloween nail art looks I did over the past three years.
Hopefully with many more to go!

I hope you all had a great Halloween! Thanks for reading!
<3 Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment